Best methods of prevention of COVID-19 – CoronaVirus
If we want to have an understanding of which prevention measures work, we need to understand hoe Coronavirus (COVID-19) may enter your body. It is the mucous membrane that acts as an open door for the virus. This means that you won’t get infected if you hold hands or even touch something after a sick person.
But if you rub your eye or lick your finger after that, you will get infected for sure. It does not merely fly in the air, but it can survive on any surfaces for quite an extended period. This survivability is what helps it spread so quickly.
Let’s focus on what are the best methods of prevention of COVID-19 are?
- Don’t forget to wash your hands! It is a general and the most basic hygiene principal that can save lives nowadays. Remember that every surface you may touch – a bench in the park, a juice box in a supermarket, or a doorknob may contain coronavirus particles on it that will quickly transfer to your body.
Watch your hands!
- Take into consideration how often you touch your face, mouth, or rub your eyes, which is the exact way how coronavirus gets inside your body.
- Keep your distance. Every caught or sneezed spreads a so-called “viral aerosol” around a person that may spread for several meters.
- Scientists claim that this viral cloud is being produced even when you simply laugh or talk, and it is even more infectious because the particles that fly out of your mouth are even lighter. And they may spread more quickly for a bigger distance.
- This is why covering your mouth and wearing a face mask is especially important. When you like to make sure that you are safe for people around you.
Stay at home
- Stay at home, especially if you feel unwell. Spring has always been the season of respiratory diseases and also allergies, which symptoms are very similar to them. That is why it is important to avoid contact with any person that may show even minor signs identical to those of COVID-19 and to make sure that you won’t spread the disease if you have any of those symptoms.
- Adress for medical treatment. If you have any of the severe symptoms like fever, cough, or dyspnea, you should address medical help immediately.
- Remember, a global Pandemia was caused because people were not taking the symptoms seriously. But taking it for regular flu or cold.
At the same time, you have remembered that the healthcare system of every country is overloaded nowadays. So you should make sure to consult a doctor distantly, through the phone or video chat, before going to the hospital and risk exposure.